Are you a Beach Bum?
Run the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon or Half Marathon 3 years in a row and become a member of the Beach Bum Club!
If you’ve run Long Beach full or half in 2011 and 2012, register for 2013 Long Beach Full or Half Marathon and you’ll be a Beach Bum! Here’s what you get:
- Beach Bum shirt and Pin
- Special member discounts to future events
- VIP Activities Race Weekend
Keep running Long Beach every year and earn rewards for being a loyal participant:
- After the 6th consecutive year, you will receive a Beach Bum sweatshirt
- After 10 consecutive years, your name will be enshrined on a bench on the Long Beach Run Fame Bench in Lighthouse Park
Check out Beach Bum membership rules here!
- Beach Bum status will be granted to those participants once they have completed the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon or Half Marathon for three (3) consecutive years. The Bike Tour and 5K do not count towards Beach Bum Status.
- Beach Bum status can be attained with completion of any combination of the Full or Half Marathon.
- The first year of eligibility for any participant to become a Beach Bum was 2011 (participants must have completed the Full or Half Marathon at Long Beach in 2009 and 2010)
- Participants will be able to qualify in 2013 ONLY for 3rd, 4th or 5th year participation.
- 3rd & 4th year Beach Bums will receive different cotton t-shirts with the Beach Bum logo.
- Once eligible participants reach their 6th consecutive year, they will receive a hooded sweatshirt with the Beach Bum logo.
- Once eligible participants reach their 10th consecutive year, their name will be added to a plaque on that year’s Run of Fame Bench in Lighthouse Park
- Please note that only those would have completed the FULL or HALF marathon will be eligible for this program.
- Please note that race results going back beyond 2009 WILL NOT be counted towards this program.
- Please note that Beach Bums must personally pick up their own t-shirt/medal pins. Items will not be mailed to members after the race.