2012 Resident Flyer. We will update this soon to reflect any changes to the 2013 course.
Don’t Deal with Traffic! Take the METRO!
Make it easier on yourself, and don’t drive and have to find parking. Take the Blue Line to downtown Long Beach to within a few blocks of the Starting and Finish Line! Go to www.metro.net or click here for more details.
Please go to http://www.lbtransit.org/Services/ for schedules and maps.
Simple is Easy – Prepaid parking for Race Day!
Avoid the stress and hassle of trying to find a parking space on race morning.
Reserve a parking space in advance for the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon. Parking lots with convenient access to race activities have been set aside for advance sales. On-line parking permit fees are the same as what will be charged at the lots on race day. Purchase your parking permit on line and be guaranteed a space in the lot you selected, regardless of what time during the day you arrive. Maps to your parking lot of choice will also be provided. Just because you are guaranteed a spot doesn’t mean you should not arrive early though!
Prepaid parking will be available for purchase here in June.
The most affordable area parking is found in the City of Long Beach lots that are located near the Long Beach Convention Center and the Race Start/Finish. Parking in these lots is as low as $4.00 on Fridays and Saturdays and $8.00 on Sunday. Parking in these lots can be pre-purchased at the link above.
Convention Center Parking
The most convenient race day parking is in the Convention Center/Arena/Terrace Theater parking lots. In these lots, there is an $10.00 charge for parking. These lots are located adjacent to the Long Beach Arena and the official Start/Finish lines for the event. The Long Beach Arena is the circular blue building with the seascape mural.
Additional parking is available at the Pike Parking Structure. To pre-pay online click here.
Any runner who parks in the Pike Paring structure for bib-pick up on Friday or Saturday and purchases or shows proof of purchase for a pre-paid parking pass, Pike Parking will validate their parking for 90 minutes free and $2.00 for 3 hours. To view driving instructions, click here.
Within Long Beach :
- You can take Alamitos Ave south (from PCH or 7th Street ) to Ocean Blvd and turn right. Take Ocean Blvd. to Linden Ave. Turn left on Linden and follow to Seaside Way . Turn left on Seaside Way . You can park in the Convention Center/Arena & Terrace Theater lots adjacent to Seaside Way .
From Los Angeles :
- Take the San Diego Freeway (405) South to Long Beach Freeway (710). Exit at Downtown/Broadway. Take Broadway, PCH or Anaheim to Pine Avenue , turn right on Pine, cross over Ocean Blvd. to Seaside Way . Turn left on Seaside Way . Convention Center parking lot will be on right side.
- Take the San Diego Freeway (405) South to Long Beach Blvd. or Atlantic Blvd. Go South to Downtown until Ocean Blvd. Take Ocean Blvd. to Linden (right from Atlantic or left from Long Beach Blvd.) Take Linden South to Seaside Way and turn left to enter the Long Beach Arena Parking Lot.Take the San Diego Freeway (405) South to Long Beach Freeway (710). Exit at Downtown/Broadway.
From Southern Orange County and San Diego :
- Take the San Diego Freeway (405) North to the Long Beach Freeway (710) to Long Beach. Take Broadway to Pine Avenue; turn right on Pine, PCH, and Anaheim exit. Proceed to Pine Avenue and then turn right. Take Pine Ave. to Seaside Way and turn left to enter the Convention Center parking lot.
- Take the San Diego Freeway (405) North to Atlantic Blvd or Long Beach Blvd. Go south to downtown until Ocean Blvd. Take Ocean Blvd. to Linden (right from Atlantic or left from Long Beach Blvd). Take Linden South to Seaside Way and turn left to enter the Long Beach Arena parking lot
Do not take the 7th Street Exit off the 22 or 405 Freeways after 5 a.m. due to road closures
Free Shuttle boat info for runners staying at the Queen Mary, Maya, or Residence Inn Hotels:
- Before the race, there will be an AquaLink shuttle boat that will take runners and their family members to the “birdcage” (Dock #4, Pine Ave.) near the start of the races (please walk across the birdcage bridge to access the start of the race).
- This shuttle boat will depart from the Dock near the bow of the Queen Mary Hotel at 5:30am and will continue shuttling passengers back and forth until 9:30am.
- Runners staying at the Residence Inn and Maya Hotel will need to walk to the Dock at the Queen Mary to catch the shuttle.
- After the race, runners will return via the Passport C Bus which will also be free for runners. Please click this link for the scheduled stop locations and times: Click here.
Make it EASY to arrive:
- Plan to arrive at least 90 minutes early! With several thousand people arriving over an hour or two, traffic into Long Beach is significant. It can take 30 to 45 minutes from the freeway to the parking facility.
- Pre-purchase your parking online. You will get a pass and a map to quickly direct you to the correct lots.
- The Convention Center charges $10.00 for parking and the City lots charge $8.00 (pre-paid parking is $8.00).
- The Convention Center and Pike parking lots are both within walking distance to the start/finish line area.
- If you park in the lots along or off Broadway, you should WALK east to Pine and turn right, and take Pine past the Convention Center and the Hyatt Hotel, turn left on Shoreline Drive to the Starting Line.
Please click to see a parking map for the following parking options
- Long Beach Arena lot (see directions below)*
- Terrace & Center Theatre lot
- Westin Hotel (Broadway to Long Beach Blvd., turn right on Long Beach Blvd., parking garage on the left)
- Landmark Building garage (Broadway, turn right on Pine Ave. , garage on right side)
- Civic Center garage (Broadway just past Magnolia, garage on right side)
- Courthouse garage (Broadway, turn right on Magnolia, garage on right side)