Got a Race Question? Check below!
How many people are you anticipating running in all events this year?
- We are anticipating over 23,000 participants for all events, another record year! Here’s the breakdown of the individual races and their numbers:
Marathon – 5,000
Half Marathon – 14,000
Bike Tour – 2,800
5K – 2,000
Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run – 2,000
What time do the races start?
Saturday, October 12th
Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run wave start times:
9:00 am 12 year olds Wave Start
9:20 am 11 year olds Wave start
9:40 am 10 year olds Wave Start
10:00 am 9 year olds Wave Start
10:20 am 8 year olds Wave Start
10:50 am 7 year olds Wave Start
11:20 am 6 year olds Wave Start
Sunday, October 13th
5:55 am Wheelchairs/Handcycles
6:00 am VW Bike Tour
6:00 am Marathon (Waves go off every 5 minutes)
7:30 am Half-Marathon (Waves go off every 5 minutes)
8:30 am 5K Run/Walk
Can I start a race late?
- For the VW Bike Tour and the 5k, there will be no late starts allowed. For the Full and Half Marathons, you will be permitted to start running up to the start of the last wave.
Where are the water stations located?
- Water stations are located at approximately every mile starting at mile 2.
- Their specific locations are miles 2, 3.25, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5 7.5, 9, 10, 11.5, 13, 14.5/22, 15.5/21, 16.5/20, 17, 18, 19, 24/11, and 25/12.
What is the official Gel and Energy Drink on the Course?
- Clif Shot will be the 2013 Official on course gel. It will be provided at Mile 10 for the Full and Half Marathon, as well as Miles 15.5 and 21 for the Full Marathon runners.
- The Official Energy Drink is Power Ade.
Does the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon offer prize money?
- We have prize money for the Marathon, Half-Marathon, and Wheelchair divisions. Go to the Awards and Prizes page for more details.
Does the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon offer age group awards?
- Yes, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each age/sex division for Marathon, Half-Marathon, and Run Forrest Run 5K. Overall awards will be given for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Run Forrest Run 5K, and the Wheelchair Division (Push Rim only). As many awards as possible will be given out on race day. The remainder will be mailed out to the winners if requested.
What Medical Service is provided on course?
- Over 150 professionals from Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Miller Children’s Hospital will be staffing seven Medical Aid Stations along the course and the Main Medical Station at the Finish Line.
- Look for the Red Shirts on the course if you need any assistance!
What is the elevation of the course?
- The highest elevation on the course is 45′ which is on the Queensway Bridge between miles 2-3. There is a short hill between miles 11 & 12 in the Belmont Heights neighborhood. At mile 17.5 runners go up (and then down) a hill through Cal State University, Long Beach. See the Elevation Profile map on this page.
- The Long Beach International City Bank Marathon can be used as a qualifier for any marathon in the country, including the Boston Marathon. In fact, our certified and mostly flat course makes a great PR opportunity!
- The Clif Bar Pace Team will be providing pacers for the Full Marathon only. The Half Marathon can be paced through the 10.5 split. Here is a link to the Clif Bar Pace Team webpage: http://www.clifbar.com/play/pace_team
- The race time limit is 7.5 hours for the Full and Half Marathons.
- No, the course continues along the beach on a bike path with sand on either side. You will not be running in the actual sand.
- There will be post-race fluids and food provided for all race participants in the Finish Line Festival area. Additional food and beverages will be available for purchase if you would like additional refreshments or for spectators.
- 100 Port-a-Potties are conveniently located in Rainbow Lagoon Park at the Starting Line, as well as port-a-potties on the Marina Green at the Finish Line Festival, and throughout the marathon course beginning at Mile 2. There are also public restrooms along the bike path, Pierpoint Landing, Marina Vista Park, Marine Stadium, and Recreation Park.
- Personal item storage will be at the UPS Gear Check trucks. Do not store valuables. Car Keys, Cell Phones, and iPods are all considered valuables.
- It is unlikely that most people would want to participate in more than one event. However, in some cases, athletes have completed the VW Bike Tour and then ran the Half-Marathon or 5K. Starting times may make this difficult to complete, be sure that you could complete the VW Bike Tour with enough time to transition to the next race. To get an official time, participants must be registered for each event.
- The best parking is at the Long Beach Convention Center at a rate of $10.00. Visit the Parking & Directions page for more info on where to park and how best to get to the start of the race in time. And please take advantage of the super-convenient Pre-Paid Parking option for race day!
- PLEASE come early and plan on some traffic getting to the race. You are better off being there early and able to relax before the race than being stuck in traffic and stressing out.
Where can I see my race results?
- You can see your race results at the Race Results Tent at the Finish Line Festival or on the Race Results page on the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon website.
What if my race results are incorrect?
- Please email the timing company, Race Central, at email@example.com
Do you provide a family reunion area?
- Yes, Marina Green is our designated Finish Line Festival and reunion area. The best places to meet your family/friends are the beer garden and the entertainment stage (if they are over 21). Or pre-plan a meeting space in an obvious location. It is not recommended that your loved ones meet you outside of the Post Food & Fluid area as this is usually very congested.