Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run
Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run Registration is now open, and there are limited spots available! After you register, print out the Confirmation Page on the screen.
This is a free event!
Join us on Saturday, October 12, 2013, the DAY BEFORE the Marathon for The Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run! The first wave will start at 9:00 am. The Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run is ONE MILE.
- All 2,000 registered participants will receive a Finisher’s Medal, a Numerical Bib, and a Finisher’s Certificate.
- All participants will receive a complimentary ticket to the Aquarium of the Pacific (valid on the day of the event only).
- The Grand Marshall for the race will be none other than Lola, the Aquarium’s resident talking cockatoo. Costumed characters like the sea otter, ray and shark will be cheering for the runners.
- Runners are encouraged to dress in blue or as their favorite marine creature.
- Kid’s Fun Run will start in age group waves from 9:00-11:20.
- Kid’s Fun Run start and finish will be located in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, which is very near to the Marathon Health and Fitness Expo, which serves as the race packet pickup for the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon.
- Runners are invited to also help marine life by raising funds to feed the Aquarium animals. Participants can choose to run in honor of their favorite Aquarium marine creature, and all donations will go towards caring for the animals.
If the event fills up, there will be a Waiting List.
With the growing popularity of the event we want to make sure that we can accommodate as many kids as possible. We ask that if your plans change and your child cannot attend the Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run, click here to remove your child from the registration system prior to September 15th. If you cancel your registration or notify Run Racing that your child will not be participating, their spot will be given to another child on the waiting list.
Once the event sells out, the waiting list feature will be implemented. A parent can register their child to be on the waiting list. You will get a confirmation email that your child has been placed on the waiting list. Please do not contact us regarding the waiting list. You will be contacted if a spot opens for your child. If you have not been contacted by September 25th, unfortunately there are no spots available. Please do not show up to the race unless you have confirmation that your child has a spot.
- The Kids 1 Mile Fun Run course starts and finishes in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific. The course runs around the scenic lighthouse, the Marathon Run of Fame, and features great views of the Queen Mary.
Click here for a Google Map of the Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run
Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run Race Start Timeline, Saturday, October 12, 2013
7:30 am Bib Pick Up Open
PLAN ON PICKING UP YOUR CHILD’S BIB 30-60 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR WAVE.
These times are approximate:
9:00 am 12 year olds Wave Start
9:20 am 11 year olds Wave Start
9:40 am 10 year olds Wave start
10:00 am 9 year olds Wave Start
10:20am 8 year olds Wave Start
10:50 am 7 year olds Wave Start
11:20 am 6 year olds Wave Start
All Kids Run participants must have a waiver signed by the participant’s parent or legal guardian in order to pick-up their race packets. If the participating child will be accompanied by an adult other than their parent or legal guardian, please download a waiver form click here for the waiver, complete and sign, and send with the child picking up their race packet. The signed waiver is required for the child to participate in the race.
The parking structure for the Aquarium is on the water side of Shoreline Drive between Chestnut Place and Aquarium Way. You will have to pay to park in this structure.
- From the 710 Freeway, follow direction signs to the Aquarium. The entrance to Aquarium parking is on the right on Shoreline just before the roller coaster bridge at Aquarium Way.
- From the south, take Shoreline Drive to Aquarium Way. Left on Aquarium Way. The entrance is on the right 100 feet beyond the dolphin fountain.
- Additional parking: When the Aquarium lot is full, you will be directed to The Pike parking structure. The entrance is on Chestnut and Shoreline, just across the street from the Aquarium’s main lot.
We understand that many parents want to run with their children during the kids run. The kids run course is monitored by medical and event staff and completely safe. You will be able to see your child at numerous points on the course. We will take all necessary precautions to ensure your child’s safety including a pre-race talk about how to run the 1-mile course. It is very important that NO PARENTS RUN WITH KIDS DURING THE KIDS RUN. We truly appreciate your cooperation in this request.